CEN-TS 16794 ANALOG PCD
This product is typically used to accomplish the following tasks :
- Certification sessions for contactless readers (PCD) that will be used in a context of public transportation
- Debug of PCDs, aiming at obtaining the certification coming from a test laboratory for public transportation
What is CEN-TS 16794 ANALOG PCD ?
NFC readers (PCD) that are installed at the entrance of buses, subway stations, shared bicycle areas or any other means of public transportation are vital in the value chain of fare collection. Great care should be taken in order to make sure they comply with the international standards. Our CEN TS 16794 PCD analog test suite allows to ensure the compliance of NFC contactless readers that are used in the industry of public transportation with this European standard from an analog standpoint.
NI supplies an automated implementation of the test methods defined in the CEN TS 16794-2 document. This page focuses on the PCD analog test plan. But let’s keep in mind that NI’s coverage for the CEN TS 16794 is total.
The main features of the CEN TS 16794 PCD analog solution are :
- Complete implementation of the PICC analog test plan
- Deployed at validation laboratories
- Ideal complement of NI’s ISO 10373-6 offering
- Automated generation of test reports
- Automated DUT positioning thanks to a 5 axis industrial robot arm
The PCD under test will be inspected on the following test items :
- Conformance of the PCD field strength
- Conformance of the modulation waveform
- Conformance of the PCD load modulation reception
- Conformance of the PCD sensitivity to electro magnetic disturbance
- Our implementation follows the CEN TS 16794-2 document (edition 2).