CEN-TS 16794 ANALOG PICC
This product is typically used to accomplish the following tasks :
- Certification sessions for PICC or mobile phones that will be used in a context of public transportation
- Debug of PICC and mobile phones, aiming at obtaining the certification coming from a test laboratory for public transportation
What is CEN-TS 16794 ANALOG PICC ?
As a replacement for outdated magnetic stripe based tickets, public transportation operators adopt more and more NFC based systems. It allows them to cut costs, and gain in security. Our CEN TS 16794 PICC analog test suite allows to make sure that mobile phones and contactless smartcards comply with this European standard, from an analog standpoint.
NI supplies an automated implementation of the test methods defined in the CEN TS 16794-2 document. This page focuses on the PICC analog test plan, but let’s keep in mind that NI supplies test solutions for PICC digital, as well as for PCD analog and digital.
The main features of the CEN TS 16794 PICC analog solution are :
- Complete implementation of the PICC analog test plan
- Deployed at validation laboratories
- Ideal complement of NI’s ISO 10373-6 offering
- Automated generation of test reports
The main test items that are covered by this product are :
- PICC operating field strength
- PICC transmission
- PICC reception
- PICC maximum loading effect
- PICC EMV level and low EMD time
- Alternating magnetic field
Our implementation follows the CEN TS 16794-2 document (edition 2).