CEN-TS 16794 DIGITAL PCD
This product is typically used to accomplish the following tasks :
- Certification sessions for PCDs that will be used in a context of public transportation
- Debug of PCDs, aiming at obtaining the certification coming from a test laboratory for public transportation
What is CEN-TS 16794 DIGITAL PCD ?
A NFC reader (PCD) used in the world of transportation will be confronted to dozens of different types of mobile phones and smartcards. The risk of issues linked to interoperability is high. It appears necessary to submit PCD, mobile phones and smartcards to conformance tests, in order to decrease the probability of field issues. NI, through its offering for CEN TS 16794 test tools, helps the public transportation ecosystem to achieve that.
Indeed, NI supplies the market with automated test tools, that allow members of the public transportation industry to ensure that their products are aligned with the requirements of the CEN TS 16794-1 document.
This page focuses on the PCD digital test plan. But let’s keep in mind that NI’s coverage for the CEN TS 16794 is total.
The main features of the CEN TS 16794 PICC digital solution are :
- Total implementation of the PCD digital test plan
- Deployed at validation laboratories
- Ideal complement of NI’s ISO 10373-6 offering
- Automated generation of test reports
The main test items that are covered by this product are :
- Block retransmission and numbering
- Block timings
- Reaction to errors (parity, CRC, timing, …)
- Impact of field ramp up and shut offs
- Our implementation follows the CEN TS 16794-2 document (edition 2).