CEN-TS 16794 DIGITAL PICC
This product is typically used to accomplish the following tasks :
- Certification sessions for PICC or mobile phones that will be used in a context of public transportation
- Debug of PICC and mobile phones, aiming at obtaining the certification coming from a test laboratory for public transportation
What is CEN-TS 16794 DIGITAL PICC ?
Interoperability will play an important role in the success of the launch of NFC based ticketing systems in the industry of public transportation. Our CEN TS 16794 PICC digital test suite allows to ensure that mobile phones and contactless smartcards comply with this European standard, from digital and protocol standpoints.
NI supplies a turnkey solution based on the digital test plan defined in the CEN TS 16794-2 document. This allows suppliers of mobile phones and smartcards to prepare very efficiently official certification of their products. All of this, without having to buy additional time from their local test laboratory. This page focuses on the PICC digital test plan. But let’s keep in mind that NI supplies test solutions for PICC analog, as well as for PCD analog and digital.
The main features of the CEN TS 16794 PICC digital solution are :
- Total implementation of the PICC analog test plan
- Deployed at validation laboratories
- Ideal complement of NI’s ISO 10373-6 offering
- Automated generation of test reports
The main test items that are covered by this product are :
- Block retransmission and numbering
- Block timings
- Reaction to errors (parity, CRC, timing, …)
- Impact of field ramp up and shut offs
Our implementation follows the CEN TS 16794-2 document (edition 2).