NFC FORUM TAG PERFORMANCE
The NFC Forum Tag Performance test tool is typically used in the context of contactless tag testing, in order to make sure of the ability of a NFC tag to execute NDEF commands at different reading distances, and to make sure that the physical characteristics of its signal is in compliance with the requirements of the NFC Forum.
What is NFC FORUM TAG PERFORMANCE ?
The NFC Forum has defined as part of the TR11.1 specification update new test items, around NFC tags.
The NFC Forum Test Cases for Tag Performance aims at verifying the conformance of NFC tags, contactless smartcards, or any object that can be regarded as one of the 5 type of tags that the NFC Forum has defined. We propose a test tool that can be used to make sure of the conformance of NFC tags with this new test specification. The Test cases for Tag performance are validated by the NFC Forum.
The main features of our NFC Forum Tag Performance test tool are :
- Compatible with the Contactless Test Station
- Test tool based on the NFC Forum TR11.1 version
- Fully automated test procedure
- Automated generation of test reports
- Tool used at official NFC Forum test laboratories, for debug sessions and official type approval sessions
Our tool allows to test all types of NFC tags :
- NFC tag type 2 (MifareTM Ultralight / Ultralight C)
- NFC tag type 3 (FeliCaTM)
- NFC tag type 4 (ISO 14443 A/B)
- NFC tag type 5 (ISO 15693)
The list of measurement that is done is clearly described in the NFC Forum Test Cases for Tag Performance document, but it includes the LMA (Load Modulation Amplitude) measurement on the tag response while performing a NDEF transaction Measurement done using the points defined by the new NFC Forum operating volume.
Indeed, for tag testing the NFC Forum has defined measurement points that go up to 50mm. Accurate positioning of the measurement antenna (standard NFC Forum Poller) is ensured by one of our automated robot arm.
Hardare components :
- the Contactless Test Station
- the NFC Forum reference kit (3 reference pollers, 3 reference listeners (6 listeners starting from the CR12 certification release specification), 1 8-shaped antenna)
- the manipulation robot (optional)
- the reference listener automatisers
Test library coverage :
- 100% of the test document « NFC Forum Test Cases for Tag Performance »